WHY DO WE NEED TO FUNDRAISE?
In order for the members of the Western Branch Orchestras to have an optimum experience and have every opportunity to be successful, we need monetary support. Here are a few ways we use money fundraised through the WBOPA:
- Annual banquet
- Concert programs
- Concert receptions
- District Orchestra Assessment fees
- Guest artists and clinicians
- New instruments
- New music
- Senior Scholarships
- Shoulder rests and rock stops
- Spring trip
- Snacks for rehearsals/trips
- Tuners and rosin
- Virginia Band and Orchestra Directors Association Annual Fee
- and more!
Spring Flower Sale
On sale through May 6, 2019
- Download the order form here
- Order forms & money must be turned in to orchestra teachers by May 6th
- Orders can be mailed to WBOPA, P.O. Box 9208, Chesapeake, VA 23321-9208 (postmarked before 5/1)
- Pick up flowers on Saturday, May 11th from 8:30-11am @ WBMS Bus Ramp
AutoBell Car Wash Gift Cards
On sale February 4 – March 5, 2019
- $20 gift cards that NEVER expire
- 50% goes to student’s spring travel account
- Order from any WBHS orchestra student
- Students can download the pre-sales order form here
On sale through March 18, 2019
- Hams are $30 each
- Each ham is between 8.5 to 10 lbs. and comes ready to heat and serve! Brown sugar glaze packet comes with each ham. You have the option of using the glaze.
- For every ham sold, $10 will be applied to the student’s spring trip costs.